Saturday, May 16, 2009

On the road again...

Well, tonight, we went to the IKEA store in Tampa, it was nice, but we got some frozen swedish meatballs, and we didn't get the cream sauce. We'll need to pick some up for the future. I thought the Swedish meatballs were pretty good. We got some small purchases at the store. Tomorrow, we'll go visit my mother-in-law.

It's kind of sad that my own mother flew up to Minnesota because my Aunt Cathy died recently from what I gathered. Maybe it was an accidental overdose, but it doesn't matter. The point is that she's no longer with us, and my Mom flew up to Minnesota. The Funeral will probably be in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. But mom will ride down with some other family from Minnesota.

I wasn't that close to Aunt Cathy, but we did visit once.

The reason for the title was I was looking through the pictures of the recent trip, and I was inspired.

New York City from the I-95 through pass.

Hershey Chocolate World

Gettysburg

Falling Waters, West Virginia

North Carolina Highway Views

I liked the mountain views. The mountains are pretty, but I'm happy enough living in Florida, the weather is nice.






Falling Waters is a town that might have been built for the Federal Government to have training facilities. At least, that was how it was described to me by someone who had taken some Information Security training there. The town didn't have much going on, supposedly. I think this view was from I-81 which went through most of the western route up Virginia, before crossing into West Virginia, Maryland, and Pennsylvania.
Marty S., May 8, 2009, 11:17pm EDT





t




My husband is in Minnesota for a funeral also....

We stop at the Ikea here just for the Swedish meatballs and sauce....my son LOVES them.
Janet "Jax" B., May 9, 2009, 12:22am EDT








You've got some really nice photos here. I love shopping at Ikea. We have to drive over two hours to visit one, however.
Kimberly Ripley, May 9, 2009, 12:30am EDT








Sorry about your Aunt.
I love shopping at Ikea~








Going to Ikea is like going to an adventure park:)
j - Frugal Mom - r., May 9, 2009, 9:00am EDT








I live right down the road from Falling Waters,,, there are government training facilities there.. It was just a small quiet town, which is now being built up like everywhere around this area is... but its still rural in away... not much factories but now Wal Mart is also, there... so it is growing...
vickey w, May 9, 2009, 5:52pm EDT








Nice pictures Marty... I like how you did your photo essays...
vickey w, May 9, 2009, 5:53pm EDT








An old house was a story about living at the house as a child that overlooked the Norfolk Naval Shipyard. It was very cool as I remembered, and we did a drive by the house when we were on our way back from our trip to Connecticut.
Marty S., May 9, 2009, 6:29pm EDT








Leaving Virginia Beach, doing Kitty Hawk--Nags Head (#281474977645034) that was a cool part of the journey.
Virgina Beach--Naval Aviation (#281474977644119) as a civilian... Wow.
DC, Tourists and Traffic (#281474977643375) particularly traffic.
Virginia Beach and NAS Oceana (#281474977643135) It's kind of nifty.
Recent trip (#281474977643059)
Marty S., May 9, 2009, 6:47pm EDT








Is there any other purpose for the town of Falling Waters? Or is it JUST for Federal Training? I guess if it now has a wal-mart, it must be moving up in the congestion index. I saw the sign on I-81. Woo Woo! Of course, I also saw the Antietem Battle Monument sign on the trip when we were on I-81. We stopped at Gettysburg. (#281474977634048)
Then there was the travel from Tampa to Highlands (#281474977633307) at the start of the trip.

It was very cool, and thank you for enjoying the highlights of the trip.
Marty S., May 9, 2009, 7:00pm EDT




No comments:

Post a Comment