Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Don't Ask, Don't Tell

I guess I have no real dog in the fight there, yes, I think that it is sad that gays might be asked to leave the armed forces if they are openly displaying their preferences. I'm not too sure how much of this really goes on, or if it used selectively.

I mean, I guess it might be a good thing to have legal protections in place to govern the disbursement of resources upon death which account for some people's wishes. Yes, visitation while someone is ill in the hospital is important.

Perhaps another Northeastern State (New York) may be recognizing same-sex unions. I guess that's exciting. But it's another opportunity for lawyers to make more money.

Some people are uncomfortable by white people dating, or getting married to black people (or use whichever racial-socioeconomic grouping that you choose). I guess the resistance to change is powerful, and some people feel threatened.

No comments:

Post a Comment