Sunday, July 7, 2013

Trying to manage weight loss

Well, I suppose that I've had a tool in place to assist with the weight loss routine. The lap band has been helpful, but I think it might be slightly too tight. I may see if the doctor will remove a small portion of the saline that is is in the band to allow slightly more food to be eaten, to pass through my smaller stomach pouch slightly easier. I REALLY REALLY like the meatloaf and mashed potatoes that my wife makes. The 10 ounce tubbies with screw on lids have been phenomenal in helping to control portion sizes. I had a co-worker ask me about the lap band, and I was upfront with him. I hope that if he chooses to do it, it will work out relatively well for him. Avoiding diabetes, and the compounding health problems that it causes is a big factor. The chewable vitamins for bariatric surgery ar pretty good. Mostly it's supplemental vitamins, and then a big b-12. I guess it's better in an easier form for absortion. The b-12 was important. I had been told by my doctor that I should take a b-12 supplement. It did improve my mood, and help me see things in a more positive manner. Maybe I saw more options, more ways that I could influence things around me. Of course, this is also impacted by my traumatic brain injury issues which still probably affect some stuff even today, and also important to deal with is my teeth issues. The teeth will be expensive to have crowns placed on them, but eventually, I should have a newer better smile. More importantly, I should be able to continue with my chewing, and eating for some time into the future. The prosthedontist's office had some pretty cool x-rays and computer displays displaying basically health root structures for my teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment