Tuesday, July 16, 2013

I'm not one to speak ill of the dead

The Trayvon thing doesn't really impact me much.  Sure, I agree that the boy shouldn't have been shot.  It seems that he didn't have very good impulse control mechanisms in place if he wanted to beat up Zimmerman.  According to some of the stuff I read, someone thought Mister Zimmerman was a homosexual, and Trayvon was expressing his displeasure with that particular lifestyle choice.  Leaving the whole issue aside, beating up another shows a lack of peaceful thoughts.  I asked a few of my co-workers what they thought, and they seemed pretty consistant, "It is sad, but I won't be acting the fool, and taking part in any sort of riots or any of that."  My co-workers have jobs.

Snowden seems to be making an entirely different bed.  It seems that his former life of internet freedom will soon be replaced by one of decidedly less internet connectivity.

No comments:

Post a Comment