Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A series from my e-mail

This exchange was recent. Most of the message is my content.

To: My friends

Well, yesterday, the dental cleaning clinic at HCC discovered a place on
one of my teeth, and they recommended that I go to a real dentist. I
made an appointment for Friday. So, yet another day of sick leave.
This one probably will hurt though. It's near the gum line. The
dentist on duty at the clinic was using terms like cementum, and
whatnot. Supposedly, this is on the underside, topside of tooth three.
My tooth 4 has come out and the tooth 5 which was crooked has flipped
around and is 180 degrees from where it should be. Oh well. Tooth 3 is
an important tooth.

 
-----Original Message-----
From: A friend

Good luck Marti!
 


-----Original Message-----
To: My friends

Hey, weight was 192.4 this AM. I've not been particularly good. I've
given in to the ice cream temptations. It's good though, I only have
small portions of ice cream. The Publix ice cream is pretty good. Blue
Bell groom's cake is almost too chocolatey. I'll probably eventually
work through it though. Publix Banana Split is very good, but I can't
really get too much. My wife is having more problems with guzzling iced
tea, or whatever, and possibly needing to throw up. I've only had a few
instances where I've eaten a lot and had to get up and walk around. I
haven't thrown up. But I guess I'm trying to be very conscious of much
smaller portions.


-----Original Message-----
From: A friend

Oh my goodness Marti, I did not even realize that you had problems
drinking stuff too!


-----Original Message-----
To: My friends

I don't have problems drinking stuff. Supposedly, Fran might have some
issues if she tries to drink a lot fast. I'm not sure how much/how
fast. But she has had some issues with dry chicken as well. I know
enough to stay away from dry chicken. We do good splitting an order of
Hot Rod's country barbeque meat loaf, or a serving of cracker barrel
country fried steak. Getting an order to go is a good way of doing
this. We also do well with meat loaf from Grill Smith. The meat loaf
from that place at Disney's EPCOT resort near boardwalk was very nice.
I'm not sure how we'll do with a whole meat loaf from Boston Market, but
who knows?
I think we've been successful with weight loss following this surgery.
I think we've tried to be compliant with instructions. The bit of
planning into taking the premeasured small 10 ounce containers of food
has been of great assistance.
The ice cream amount has been much smaller than before. I've even been
partially satisfied with just taking a spoon out to the freezer to grab
a spoonful. Sometimes two spoons full.
In other news of the helpful tips found with the weight loss trials and
tribulations, the emerald dark cocoa almonds from Publix are very good.
We got that tip last Thursday at our support group meeting. The almonds
are a good nut to eat, I guess. Pecans are cheaper at walmart, but it's
too easy to eat too many of those at a single setting. The almonds, if
one takes a handful from the green container, they will help one to feel
satisfied. The slight bit of chocolate flavor is pretty good on the
almonds. The walmart cinnamon and sugar pecans were very good, but it's
really easy to eat lots of those. The almonds take some more chewing to
grind them up into smaller pieces. I'm happy with the weight loss thus
far. I don't think I need to lose more, but I probably could. I've
been fluctuating around the 190 mark, but it's okay. I'm pretty sure
that I will eventually get below the 190 mark, but I'm not really
wanting to get there. It might be a minor accomplishment that I can say
I'll have lost 100 pounds when I get to the 183 pound mark, but I'm not
eager to get there. It'll happen sooner or later, but I'm okay if it
doesn't. I think we are happy if Fran's bloodwork continues to improve.
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment