Sunday, August 8, 2010

Hmm, I guess background images are cool.

I think I want some downtown-y like pictures. I looked on that istockphoto site, and they appeared to be selling photos. Maybe using a background photo would be too busy and take away from the blog. I can try this for a little while, and maybe if I later decide that it's not working, I can change my mind.

Yesterday, we went looking for bedroom furniture, a bedroom set. We currently have my parent's old bedroom set mostly with a somewhat newer mattress and box springs. Even that is older than 8 years, and as such, probably should be replaced. There are commercials on the radio station about how after eight years, the weight of most mattresses practically double due to dead skin cells, dust mites and sweat, etcetera.

I guess we have good taste. We went to Ethan Allen and we liked a couple of styles of the furniture, the sales lady/interior designer was pretty good while being enthusiastic about how much quality goes into their furniture.

We also went to Scan Design and some of their stuff looked pretty good as well, but both were kind of expensive. Still, on an expected lifespan basis, I guess the furniture isn't that unreasonably expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment