Monday, May 3, 2010

3 churches



Yesterday, we went to 3 different churches
May 03, 2010 08:17 AM EDT
I guess I was somewhat among the more casually dressed--in my pants and a Florida Blood Services Volunteer Donor T-shirt. Oh well. What would Jesus Wear? Right? The first church we went to was with Mom, the Catholic Church had a typical Catholic service. It was a bit routine.
At 3 pm, we went to the United Methodist Church, and there was a guy with a guitar, who provided some entertainment and some stories. I liked how he related that "Amazing Grace" can be set to many different musical backgrounds. He did the music to "House of the Rising Sun" and sang amazing grace. He did "Mickey Mouse" and sang "A-M-A..Z-I-N-G...G-R-A-C-E"--I thought that was cool. The theme song to "Gilligan's Island," even related how on New Years Eve, "Auld Lang Syne" (which nobody seems to know the exact words to) can be done with "Amazing Grace."
Then later that evening, we saw the Atlanta Boy's Chior at the Episcopal Church. It was quite nice. Though the only audience participation at that one was the "Glory, glory, Hallelujah" at the end of the Battle Hymn of the Republic. Most of the music pieces were quite fancy. I guess the Atlanta Boys Chior will be going to the Vatican to perform before an audience of Pope Benedict, and probably some Cardinals.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment