Saturday, August 23, 2014

I've had this idea for awhile. I'd like to see a non professional support group for TBI folks formed using the internet.

There appear to be many individual support groups built around certain people, who keep things going with their own content, and updating things through Facebook. For what it is worth, I did start a little hidden google group, for the non professional TBI support group, but there appear to be some obstacles to finding others who might also want to be part of the hidden group. So, I created a public facing page, just dealing with Traumatic Brain Injuries. I am involved with a VCU (Virginia Commonwealth University) study about trying to determine if having a focus group on Facebook might be beneficial for a small group of job seekers. I have a job, and I'm not looking to relocate, but it is interesting. Separately, as part of another Facebook group, I learned that dental issues seem to be relatively common following brain injury. Perhaps the VCU focus group shows that I might want to make the potential target audience larger than just the survivors of TBI.

No comments:

Post a Comment